Friday, September 3, 2010

3rd Entry: The Darkest Day of my life.

My dad collasped today before i woke up. I never knew what happened when i woke up, he was resting on the bed and i thought everything was normal. That was until when he told me that he fainted not too long ago. My mind went blank when i heard what he said. He was so weak that he could not get up. I heard a loud thud as he tried to get up. My heart sank.

My mum rushed back and the ambulance was called. She "forced" me to head to school. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to. In the end, i left for school reluctantly. At school i tried to be normal, but at time my mind would just run wild with thoughts. What was the situation? I called my mum time and time again but she would just say it was fine. But from her voice, i knew it was definately more than fine.

As i decided not to go for community service today at yishun reading stars, i headed straight back home. On the way back, my mind went quite blank, would my mum break any bad news?

In the end there wasn't any news as the diagnosis was not out yet. Im praying hard that verdict would be nothing serious and that it was just a one off situation.

I had to remove my cousins from my facebook account just to not startle the rest of my family. Sorry for that.
**********

My Dad
I must admit that we don't really share a really close relationship. He is not the type that would ask you, " Son, how's your day at school ?" Often we wouldn't share much words but the only common topic that we would talk about is soccer and singaporepools. We are not heavy gamblers but we just enjoy the fun of speculation, making guess works, predicting "kelong" theories.

We don't spend much time together and seldom head out together. When resort world sentosa was opened, he would tell me that there were free buses heading from Ang Mo Kio to the resort. Although i wasn't too interested in going to resort world sentosa but i would make the effort to go just to spend more time with him. We would walk around the place and he would introduce me to the different places as if he was the CEO of Resort Worlds. One of the places that we would often visit is the Singapore Pools at Resort World. We would sit on the comfortable cushions, keeping track of odds while watching soccer on the gigantic screens.

During my off and leave days, I would always follow him without fail to Resort World. We did the same thing over and over again but i still faithfully followed as i just wanted to spend more time with him.

My dad would never ever praise me. He would always critisize and complain about me to my mum. At some point, i was simply annoyed as i felt that whatever i do, i will never statisfy him.

He was out of job for quite a long time. I always question myself why he didn't want to find a job. From what I know, he was a talented forex dealer in the past, grooming many talented young talents. But it seemed that every company he has worked for, always folded in the end. Although he spent most of the time at home, he worked dutifully as a house husband, keeping the house spick and span while taking care of my needs. For that i am proud of what he does.

When i was in primary school, we often played soccer at the field at the back of our old house. He would often be the goal keeper and I was the striker. We had a lot of fun together as i often looked forward to the next game. There was once my favourite fifa 98 ball flew onto the busy road, the cars were many and were fast. Without much hesistation he ran onto the busy road and retrieved my beloved ball.

I really hope that he will be fine when the diagnosis is out. If it meant trading my life for his health, i wouldn't ever mind. Whenever I am in church, i would always pray for one thing, that is good health for my parents, aunt and family. God  I really need you right now.

Tears are stuck in my eyes but they just wouldn't flow out.

No comments:

Post a Comment