Sunday, March 4, 2012

Seoul Day 8

Basically today was the last day to "play" before school officially starts tomorrow. Today we met up at noon for lunch at Valance Burger, it is a burger joint just at the foot of Korea University. The burgers there are big and succulent. It was so huge that I find it hard to bite on it. Had to pull out all the lettuces and ate them one by one before I was able to take a bite out of it.

The cashier did not speak english. I wanted just the burger as I wanted to eat light but was given the meal instead. Initially I was wondering why he was giving me the weird expression. It was only when Sabrina mentioned that I have not given the right ammount of cash that I realised that I was being charged for a meal instead.

Following on we went to Korea University Ice Skating Rink. It is located close to CJ housing in KU. The entrance fee cost 5000 won while the rental for gloves was 700 won. Gloves and helmets are compulosory, this is something different from Singapore.

My last ice skating session was a nightmare as I had twisted my ankle while I tried to avoid a kid. The irony was that in my effort to avoid the kid, he went on to laugh at me instead. That was a moment that I couldn't forget.

Initially I was pretty much walking around the ice. I just couldn't glide like most of the people do. Walking on ice was a safe thing to do as one can avoid falling. It was only after awhile that I realise that one must not be afraid of falling on the ice in order to learn how to glide. Just as when I was getting the hang of it, we had to leave the rink for our next destination.

While most of the group went to a dog cafe, I followed weili to find rayna and sabrina at Ewha Woman University Metro Station. The place is the girl's shopping paradise. Endless shopping goods for girls and rarely a shop for guys.

Nonetheless, sometimes it is interesting to look at girl's fashion, guy's fashion is pretty much the standard T-shirts and shirts.

Ended the day with a meal at one of the shops, followed by a little more shopping at Ewha Womans University surroundings and last but not least, the daily shopping rountine at Daiso (Anam Street).

The "So Hot" Burger at Valance Burger

Shopping District beside Ewha Womans University Metro Station Part 1

Shopping District beside Ewha Womans University Metro Station Part 2

Shopping District beside Ewha Womans University Metro Station Part 3

Shopping District beside Ewha Womans University Metro Station Part 4

Ewha Womans University

Ewha Womans University Castles

Ewha Womans University Scenary

Ewha Womans University The Grand Walkway

Ewha Womans University Shopping Surroundings (Night)

Dinner of the Day (I had some spicy maggie mee + dumplings + loads of Kimchi

Daily Daiso Shopping (Damage 10000 won)

No comments:

Post a Comment